Potency problems 40 years from now are found in many men, but in most cases they are all easily corrected. To quickly cope with this problem, you need to consult a urologist-andrologist. Taking potency boosting pills alone is not the best solution as you can make the wrong choice and make the problem worse. From this article on our website, you will learn what to do if you have potency issues.
How powerful a man should be at 40
At this age, a healthy man can maintain full sexuality. But all men lead healthy lives. Therefore, at the age of 40, some of them retain normal sexuality, and even try to remember their youth with young partners. The other part has reduced sexual activity due to emerging diseases and unhealthy lifestyle.
The concept of norm for each man is individual, but on average a healthy 40-year-old man needs 2-3 sexual contacts per week. Recent studies have shown that over 80% of potency disorders are associated with various diseases. Many of them are hidden, but they are reflected in sex life. More and more, such diseases are detected during examination by a sexologist or urologist-andrologist for low potency.
At the age of 40, physiological aging processes hardly begin to appear, and a healthy man practically does not feel them, his interest in sex may even be increased. The male sex hormone testosterone content in the blood is slightly reduced, so that the man does not "start with a U-turn", he needs time and more substantial stimulation.
Spontaneous morning and night erections occur much less frequently, an erection develops more slowly, but it is quite complete and sufficient for intercourse. The experience compensates and softens minor physiological changes and in no way affects the relationship with the partner.
The reasons for the deterioration of potency after 40 years
All potency problems at the age of 40 are caused by psychogenic causes or organic diseases. At the same time, the share of psychogenic factors (frequent or prolonged stress, neurosis, depression) does not represent more than 20%, while obviously or latent organic diseases are the cause of low potency in the 80%of the remaining cases. If a man does not have an understanding partner, organic causes combine with psychogenic causes and make them considerably worse.
The main "culprits" of impotence are diseases associated with a violation of the state of the cardiovascular system.
This is atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease associated with attacks of angina pectoris and atherosclerosis of the arteries of the lower limbs, arterial hypertension (consistently high blood pressure - BP). The violation of blood circulation leads to the fact that with sexual arousal blood cannot quickly flow into the arteries of the small pelvis and arteries of the penis, therefore, problems arise with the development of aerection. To restore it, you need to maintain a normal circulatory system.
No less often, potency problems arise in type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus. With this disease, there is a change in the walls of small arteries, a violation of their permeability and innervation, which leads to erectile dysfunction. Also, with diabetes mellitus, libido often decreases in men due to decreased secretion of testosterone.
Research in recent years has shown that the onset of low potency is also caused by certain drugs used to treat cardiovascular disease. A negative effect on potency is mainly exerted by drugs to lower blood pressure. They can be easily replaced with other drugs that do not have these side effects. So, drugs from the group of angiotensin II receptor antagonists (losartan) do not cause erectile dysfunction and even support it. Taking antidepressants and tranquilizers (anti-anxiety drugs) also affects potency.
By the age of 40, some men have long-standing bad habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse. These two habits strike the vessels (cause persistent constriction) and the neurohormonal system, contributing to a decrease in testosterone secretion.
Not all men in their 40s lead healthy lives and eat well, choosing healthy foods. A sedentary lifestyle combined with high-calorie foods, unhealthy foods and the systematic consumption of beer leads to obesity, worsens the problems of cardiovascular diseases and potency.
By the age of 40, many men have had genital infections in the past which are not always completely cured, remain asymptomatic for years, and affect the condition of the genitals. A sedentary lifestyle (in the office), combined with such a dormant infection, is often the cause of chronic inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), urinary disorders and impotence.
What are the main symptoms of impotence at 40
All signs are divided into:
- Sexual impairment (libido)is a sign of testosterone deficiency. Normally a 40 year old man should not have this, but maybe it is due to some hereditary characteristics or some diseases. A man becomes indifferent to women. In this case, you need to see a doctor, find the cause and be treated (everything is recoverable).
- Erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction), which is manifested by the following initial symptoms: the penis is not large and hard enough; incomplete angle of elevation of the penis; intercourse is shorter than before; it is not always possible to achieve relaxation; premature ejaculation appears; the number of spontaneous erections decreases; low potency leads to dissatisfaction with sex life; the man needs medical attention.
- Violation of libido and erection in a man at the same time.Most often these disorders develop with diabetes mellitus, obesity and prolonged alcohol abuse. There are signs of total helplessness. But in this case, the man can be helped, you just need to see a doctor.
Degrees of potency disturbance at 40
Potency disturbances occur at any age. At 40, they are slightly more numerous than among young people. By severity, they are divided into:
- lungs- the first manifestations are insignificant, most men simply do not notice them, failures are rare;
- of moderate severity- violations are already noticeable and cause concern; low potency and frequent failures cause psychological problems; but at this stage no more than a quarter of men seek medical help without considering themselves ill;
- heavy- failures follow one another and lead to total impotence; you can help these men if they see a doctor and follow all his recommendations.
How to increase potency in a man after 40
The increase in potency in men after 40 years should be carried out under the supervision of a doctor. It begins with a full examination of the man, even if he does not complain, except for complaints of violation of his sex life. If necessary, a sexologist or urologist sends him for consultation and treatment with doctors of another profile (therapist, cardiologist, endocrinologist). At the same time, a correction of potency disorders is carried out.
Depending on the identified disorders and concomitant diseases, drugs are prescribed, additional methods - physiotherapy, massage, therapeutic gymnastics, etc. In recent years, reflexotherapy combined with psychotherapy has become widespread.
What drugs are prescribed for violation of potency after 40 years
How to increase potency in men after 40 years, a sex therapist or urologist-andrologist will tell you. Medicine has a sufficient arsenal of means to restore potency. But only a doctor can choose the right medicine. Drugs to increase potency in men after 40 years:
- Drugs containing testosterone and increasing libido - prescribed for libido disorders against the background of decreased secretion of testosterone. This leads to increased libido.
- Drugs from the group of inhibitors of the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5). They are considered to be the most effective treatments for erectile dysfunction. The mechanism of their action is associated with the suppression of the action of an enzyme that prevents the formation of biologically active substances involved in complex biochemical processes that provide instant expansion of the small arteries of the genitals and blood flow to the peniswith the development of an erection. But all drugs in this group only work with existing sexual arousal. In the absence of libido, they are ineffective.
- Other groups of medicines used to treat potency disorders in men: alpha-blockers; increase the formation of nitric oxide, necessary for vasodilation; relaxation of the artery walls synthetic analogues of prostaglandin E; help improve the functioning of the circulatory system; medicinal plants, homeopathic remedies, food supplements (food supplements) that increase potency.
Additional treatments for potency disorders
Complex treatment may include additional drug-free methods:
- physiotherapy - the individual selection of techniques depends on the patient's condition; Massage
- - general and segmental massage perfectly restores blood circulation, metabolism, fills with energy;
- physiotherapy exercises (LFK) - special complexes will help restore sexual function, and doable sports will strengthen health and sexuality; Reflexology
- - impact on reflex points on the human body can improve general health, including sexual function;
- psychotherapy - frequent bed failures exacerbate potency problems; after a course of psychotherapy, a man gains confidence that he can cope with any situation.
How to improve potency after 40 years without a doctor
In case of one-off minor failures or a man just wants to increase his abilities, you can use folk remedies, herbal remedies, food supplements (food supplements).
But, since in most cases the cause of potency disturbances is general illness, it is best to consult a doctor.
Of course, herbal decoctions and tinctures are far from modern medicines, but they can be used to maintain their potency in mild conditions. By the age of forty, with potency violations, a man can use many folk remedies. But at the same time, it is important to know how they work and whether a particular remedy will help you with your problems.
TOP 3 folk remedies
- Fresh aloe leaves.It has long been used as a stimulant and restorative remedy for impotence. Today, it has been established that this plant is able to accumulate zinc, which is necessary for the male body to maintain sexual function. Tear off an aloe leaf, wash it, store it in a dark place for a day, then take 3 cm of the leaf every day half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is one month. Restores libido, maintains an erection. Aloe is especially useful for prostate problems because it suppresses inflammation and the growth of benign tumors.
- Nettle seeds boiled in wine.Take 100 g of fresh or dried nettle seeds, pour 500 ml of dry wine, keep on low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, then set aside, cool, filter and take 50 ml in the evening. Course - until the end of the decoction. Soothing and restorative remedy.
- Infusion of onion skin.Before going to bed, infuse in a thermos a tablespoon of chopped onion pods 250 ml of boiling water, let stand overnight; the next day, take 80 ml three times a day half an hour before meals for 4-6 weeks. Improves blood circulation in the small pelvis, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
Exercises to build and maintain power
A variety of exercise therapy complexes have been developed to restore and improve male sexual function. One of the most popular is the A. Kegel to strengthen the pelvic floor and improve blood circulation in the small pelvis. Particular attention is paid to strengthening the pubococcygeal muscle (PCM), which supports sexual function. To feel this muscle, the guy has to block the urine stream during urination. Muscle tension will detect LMB.
TOP 3 Basic Kegel Exercises
- While standing, squeeze the LMB, stretch it out, hold it in this position for 3 seconds, then relax. Do it 10 times.
- In the supine position, do 10 quick LMB relaxations in a row, then after a short break repeat. Do it 8 times.
- Repeat the exercise while lying on your stomach.
- Repeat on all fours.
Prevention of impotence after 40
To avoid decreasing or increasing potency, pills alone are not enough. A man should:
- move more, play sports; many sports are available at 40;
- get rid of excess weight;
- forget about bad habits - smoke and drink regularly;
- eat properly, focusing on lean animal foods, vegetables, fruits, grains; fatty sea fish is useful, it can be eaten twice a week; reduce the use of fatty and fried foods, candies and muffins;
- remember to rest, getting enough sleep is a prerequisite to prevent impotence;
- get rid of frequent or prolonged stress;
- treat all illnesses in a timely manner.
Frequently asked questions
Are there any safe remedies for fast restoration of potency to 40
Yes, there are. There are many such drugs, a urologist-andrologist will help you choose the most suitable for you in order to increase the potency.
How Does Alcohol Affect Potency at 40?
Only systematic alcohol consumption has a negative effect on potency.
What vitamins can be taken to improve potency after 40?
Special vitamins are produced to maintain potency, vitamin supplements, etc. They are taken for both prevention and correction of disorders.
Potency in men after 40 may decrease somewhat, but this is normal, as it is associated with the appearance of age-related changes and should not bother a man. A doctor should be consulted in the event of recurrence of disturbances in the sexual life. We must not panic: all of this is handled perfectly today. It is also very important to lead a healthy lifestyle, to exercise more and to eat well.